I’m physically exhausted. Some people run marathons. Some do Crossfit. Some Wii Fit. Others, Fitbit. Me, I assemble, by hand, a monthly podcast for you and your kids, and this month I have doubled my efforts to bring you over an hour of free kid’s music perfect for summer vacations and road trips on the MEGA JUNE SUMMER episode featuring 20 songs, 16 of which are brand new and most of those have never been heard anywhere before right now!!
*This episode of the OWTK Podcast is being sponsored by the terrific Cooper & Kid Kit, a quarterly mystery box of fun for dads and their kids. A kit subscription is, quite possibly, the coolest and most original Father’s Day gift ever. Check. It. Out!
I’m super proud of this episode –both the selection of songs and my very casual, oft humorous (I hope) banter. Please enjoy this collection of free kid’s music all summer long; on road trips, at home, by the pool, anywhere you will be making beautiful new memories with your kiddos.
The OWTK June Playlist
- Karen K & Mista Cookie Jay “Rainbow” single (World Premiere — available to download, with proceeds going to charity, on Tues June 3) — read my article about “Rainbow” on Cooper & Kid.
- Secret Agent 23 Skidoo “Unwind” from The Perfect Quirk
- Gustafer Yellowgold “Quite Easily Lost” from Mellow Fever
- Joanie Leeds & the Nightlights “My Dad” from Good Egg
- Alastair Moock “Children Take Care of Your Grownups” from Singing Our Way Through: Songs For The World’s Bravest ids
- Station ID — Randy Kaplan
- Randy Kaplan “Hockey Puck” from Jam on Rye
- The Watson Twins “Sweet Summer Days” from Pioneer Lane
- Walter Martin “The Beatles (When Ringo Shock His Mop)” from We’re All Young Together
- Station ID — Lucky Diaz and Alisha Gaddis
- Lucky Diaz & the Family Jam Band “Cantaba la Rana” from Aqui, Alla
- Lunch Money “Miniature Things” from Silly Reflection
- Recess Monkey “The Great Diorama” from Wired
- Station ID — The Okee Dokee Brothers
- Okee Dokee Brothers “Through the Woods” from Through the Woods
- Brandy Rymer and the Little Band That Could “Red Piano Rag” from Just Say Hi!
- The Not-Its “Love is Love” single
- Station ID — Mo Phillips
- Mo Phillips “Champion of Sleepy Time” from Occasional Yogurt
- Rhythm Child “Get Up and Go” from Kindie Reggae
- Mister G “More Books for Me” from The Bossy E
- The Whirlygigs “Dessert” from Greetings From Cloud 9
- Little Miss Ann “Someday, Some Morning, Sometime” from Follow Me
- Eric Herman “Can We Buy A Car (So I Can Have A Balloon)” from Party Animal
Download the episode for free here, subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes (or via your favorite podcast app by searching ‘owtk’) to get the new episode (and access all of the old ones too), or stream it below.
Much of the music I played this month has yet to be released and therefore cannot be purchased at this time. Here is a selection of what can be bought/downloaded. Please consider doing so and supporting the arts for kids & families. Thanks.